Tuesday, November 20, 2012

R-34 scale model project...Covering the stern.

I applied the tissue paper on the stern in the same way as I did the bow. Only I could not cover ther stern all the way to the tip of the tail. That is because the number of sides , or gores,(facets, if you will) drops from 25 sides to 14 sides where the fins start, to only 7 sides where the fins end to the tip of the tail. These short sections, in order for the paper to not wrinkle, must be done separately. Other than that, it is done the same way, one gore at a time.

 Follow along as I complete covering the model's hull, here.





 Mid-stern completed!



 Fin area of stern completed.

 An extreme closeup of the tip of the stern showing the still exposed tail framework.

 Covering completed!
Next step: Shrink the tissue paper to draw it taut and smooth.

Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pensupreme and other vintage milk cartons... do people collect these?

 In the last year, I have noticed how a lot of people collect vintage glass milk bottles, which I remember when I was a kid, how the milkman...