Saturday, April 20, 2013

R-34 scale model project...First silver coats sprayed on hull.

 Finally took the time, today, April 20th to apply the first silver color coat paints on the hull.
 Model has a lot of minor imperfections in it that the silver paint brings out. Much like the actual ship, as the fabric on it in places as you can see in some close up period photos, was wrinkled, so the way this model is coming out, sort of replicates those buckles in wrinkles in perfect scale. The R-34 was not as pretty an airship as later dirigibles, such as the Shenandoah, was.
Next step is for me to apply the clear flat dullcoat onto the surface of the hull to bring the color down to more of a light silver gray as the actual airship was colored.
I will apply two clear flat dullcoats before I set the hull aside to finish fabricating the control car, as well as making the engine cars as well.

Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pensupreme and other vintage milk cartons... do people collect these?

 In the last year, I have noticed how a lot of people collect vintage glass milk bottles, which I remember when I was a kid, how the milkman...