Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Model Power"'s "N" gauge "Victorian House" kit build up from 1991.

 "Model Power"'s "N" scale kit of a Victorian House is a very awesome and detail packed little kit. This model assembled is only about 5 inches cubed, it is that small, but the engraved detail in the plastic parts is beyond belief for a model that is so small. Even though I built this in December of 1991, it is still available at your local hobby shop. If they don't have it, they can get it for you. At least in the United States. If you decide to build this cool model right out of the box, it'll take you about 8 hours to do so. I added yellow envelope paper behind the windows to simulate the old yellow window shades these old houses would have had back in the early to mid 1900's. I did no painting at all to this great little kit.The parts are very small and some are very delicate, as well as numerous, so you have to be VERY careful when assembling this glue together kit. Highly recommended kit for all you "N" scale model railroaders out there.
 Here are some very nice detail shots of this detail packed little model.





Jim.

7 comments:

  1. Incredible! Excellent photography, too. I’ve seen many low-quality photos of this house, but it wasn’t until I saw your photos that I realized what a cool product this really is. I'd been thinking about ordering this kit and finally decided to take the plunge based on your photos… but I had to look around a bit because Model Power must have discontinued this product recently. If Model Power had used your photos to promote their product, maybe they wouldn’t have discontinued it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Binky 100%. Your photos sell this product, they really "POP".. I am a former mortician and I want to add a funeral home to my layout. This Victorian fits the bill to a "T". It was as binky said, a bbit hard to find but after about an hour or so on the web I did find a supplier who still has it in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great kit - Instructions could have a few more details - NINE colors molded so no painting needed !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you end up with 8 extra windows and a flag pole not used? Almost done but those aren't on the directions anywhere. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do not remember as I built this model close to 20 years ago. I still have the box but I use it to store parts from other modek kits in it. At the moment, I have no idea where it is at.

      Jim.

      Delete

Pensupreme and other vintage milk cartons... do people collect these?

 In the last year, I have noticed how a lot of people collect vintage glass milk bottles, which I remember when I was a kid, how the milkman...