Sunday, September 11, 2011

Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church, Lancaster, PA model III, more images.

Here are fifteen more images that I just took of the model, today. including some closeup detail shots. They are somewhat better, as I took the time to dig the model out to photograph it outside. Sorry about the reflective glare off the plexiglas panels, but I did not want to remove the model from the display box, as it is a very delicate model. The backside of the model is little faded from exposure to direct sun through a window that it is sitting in front of. I did not realize this was happening to it until about 7 years ago, so, I placed a big huge piece of blank corrugated cardboard in front of the window to block the excess light from hitting the model, so the light damage has been slowed somewhat. Remember, I completed this model 20 years ago.

The actual building was designed by the famous Lancaster architect C. Emlen Urban in the late 1880's.

Jim.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pensupreme and other vintage milk cartons... do people collect these?

 In the last year, I have noticed how a lot of people collect vintage glass milk bottles, which I remember when I was a kid, how the milkman...